Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 10:07:20 -0500
From:
John McCormick <[log in to unmask]>
While I'm not the list administrator for the Team-Ada list, I do administer
a number of SIGAda lists.  I do not receive any additional header
information than a normal subscriber.  In fact, I don't get anything but
bounce reports unless I am a subscriber to the list.

Individual subscribers can set options for header information they receive
with each message.  The default is to include full header information.  To
find out your personal settings, send the following one line message to

Query Team-Ada

I checked my settings and found I was receiving full headers.  I imagine
that everyone who did not change their settings is getting the full headers
as well.

John

At 08:24 AM 4/5/2000 -0500, W. Wesley Groleau x4923 wrote:
>Since the list robot strips off much of the header information, it's hard
>to report it to the "accomplices" that knowingly or unknowingly relayed it
>from its REAL origin.  I suggest List Admin forward the full message to
>"SpamCop" (http://spamcop.net).
>
>> We got another spam note on Team-Ada. My sysadmin here at GW suggests
>> that spam recipients simply forward this spam to [log in to unmask] That's
>> what I did, and I suggest you all do it.  Let's not start another
>> thread on this list about spam - just silently forward your copy to
>> the abuse line.

John W. McCormick                [log in to unmask]
Computer Science Department      [log in to unmask]
University of Northern Iowa      voice (319) 273-2618
Cedar Falls, IA 50614-0507       fax (319) 273-7123
http://www.cs.uni.edu/~mccormic/