From:
"Robert C. Leif, Ph.D." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert C. Leif, Ph.D.
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 07:43:32 -0700
From: Bob Leif
To: David Botton et al.

Step 1. Use Sun's literature to explain why C++ is obsolete and will be
replaced by Java.

Step 2. We explain, starting with the last Embedded Systems, the problems of
creating a true Java compiler and that Sun was one of the strongest
proponents of C++.

Step 3. The Defense Department should be forced to do an audit comparing the
long-term costs of various programming languages. Presently, DoD is NOT
following good manufacturing practices.

Step 4. The use of XML technology eliminates the need for the legacy Windows
GUI including its convoluted C++ binding. It also eliminates much of the
need for scripting languages.

Parenthetically, a very high priority item is standard way for XML to call
Ada. This must be accepted by the World Wide Web Consortium.