AdaWorks <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 3 Oct 1997 17:24:01 -0700
On Fri, 3 Oct 1997, Michael Feldman wrote:

> So far, we have a rather fragmented set of thin bindings to platform-
> specific APIs - X, Mac, OS/2, Win 95/NT, Java AWT. This is, obviously,
> a step in the right direction but we have a long way to go.

  Don't forget the thick binding for Win 95/NT called CLAW from RR
  Software.  This binding is designed so the programmer does not
  need any language except Ada to develop Wintel applications. It
  works with Aonix 7.1.1, GNAT 3.10, and RR Software's own Ada 95
  compiler.  When the Win/NT compilers from Rational and DDC-I
  are ready, CLAW should also work with them, as well as any other
  Win 95/NT Ada 95 compiler.

> I am aware of two efforts to pull together a collection of this stuff:
> the work at ARA, and the SIGAda Bindings WG. If either one is working
> really actively on this, they are managing to keep their activities
> very quiet.:-)

  I think the ARA and SIGAda effort is focused on other operating systems
  rather than on Wintel technology.  But I would like to be wrong about
  that.

  Richard