From:
Michael Feldman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Feldman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jun 2000 12:11:55 -0400
[asked Chris]

> Hi Frank,
>
> > There is an article in SIGAda December 1999 issue of Ada Letters
> > called "Ada: A Commercial Flop and Proud of it!" by Dave Wood,
> > formerly of Aonix,  which has some very good points about Ada
> > successes, where and why.  You may find it useful.
>
> How do I get a copy of this?  Do you have a way to contact
> Dave Wood?

[miniflame alert]

I find it quite amazing that someone as devoted to Ada as you are
apparently isn't ready to pay $25. a year to join SIGAda. (It is
NOT necessary to be an ACM member to join the SIG!)

If you were a member, you'd have a copy already! AdaLetters lands
in your mailbox every couple of months. Martin Carlisle is the
current editor.

Yesterday I opined that we have enough organizations; several others
said they didn't think SIGAda and ARA were enough.

I'd be more inclined to credit those objections if they came from
people who

- were members of SIGAda
- tried to get involved with the SIGAda activities, especially
  the various working groups
- were genuinely unsatisfied and tried without success to make
  changes

I've been a SIGAda member since sometimes in the 80s. No organization
is perfect, but I find SIGAda to be a reasonable approximation to
a good forum for Ada activities.

The last few years' of SIGada conference proceedings are on the web.

[flame off]

> > There was also, in the July/August 1998 issue of Ada Letters,
> > a call for papers for the International Conference on Reliable
> > Software Technologies - Ada-Europe'99, in Santander, Spain.
> > One of the topics was:
> >
> > "Ada Language and Tools: Programming Techniques, Object-
> > Oriented Programming, Bindings, and Libraries, Evaluation and
> > Comparison of Languages".
>
> I will take this too.
>
> > Maybe someone has a copy of the proceedings and can direct
> > you to the article.

Ada-Europe proceedings are published as volumes of Springer Verlag
Lecture Notes in Computer Science. They are not on the web, as far
as I know.

> Thanks,
> Chris

Mike Feldman