From:
Michael Feldman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Michael Feldman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Oct 2000 12:53:16 -0400
[said Colin]

> |Colin Paul Gloster <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> |
> | Well who's this!? I was reading some of a website on how to write
> | unmaintainable code ("How to Write Unmaintainable Code",
> | HTTP://mindprod.com/unmain.html) and found this:
> |
> | "2.Avoid Ada: About 20% of these techniques can't be used in Ada. Refuse
> | to use Ada. If your manager presses you, insist that no-one else uses it,
> | and point out that it doesn't work with your large suite of tools like
> lint and plummer
> | that work around C's failings."

I think that's great advice for writing _unmaintainable_ code. This
site is interesting - it's full of sarcastic stuff that quotes every
bit of idiocy we've ever run into in this business. Very cool.:-)

That paragraph (2) is, actually, a rather effective and complimentary
view of Ada. Right on!

Mike Feldman