From:
"Robert C. Leif, Ph.D." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert C. Leif, Ph.D.
Date:
Sat, 27 Nov 1999 10:46:13 -0800
From: Bob Leif
To: Those interested in an Ada version of Linux (POSIX)

It might be of interest to you that RedHat, the corporation I described at
the SIGAda 99 Workshop on Commercializing Ada, has of 27 November 1999 a
valuation of $14,240,000,000 @ $215.5 per share(New York Times, 27 Nov.
1999). I believe that this should provide a very good argument on the
commercial possibilities of developing a superior product based on Ada and
XML-HTML. I would hope that the developers would be adequately compensated
for their efforts. Besides the potential financial rewards of this project,
there is the delightful result of convincingly demonstrating the utility of
the combination of Ada and software engineering.