Wed, 21 Oct 1998 20:42:39 -0400
Just a short note to inform you of changes since publication of
the Advance Program for "SIGAda '98 -- Ada in Context", being
held 07-12 NOV 1998 in Washington, DC:
* New Last Early-Rate Cut-off Date: 23 OCT
-- Adjusted to accommodate US Federal Employees
due to the delay in FY-99 funding.
* New Last Guaranteed Hotel Conference Rate Date: 25 OCT
-- Same reason as above
* Finalized Professional Development Seminar PDS Data:
-- 10 AM - 4:30 PM / Saturday, 07 NOV
-- Price: $100 (with no cutoff date)
-- 5 Seminars Scheduled:
1) SW Process Improvement with the CMM
2) An Introduction to CORBA
3) Best Practices for Successful SW Projects
5) The Unified Modeling Language (UML)
* Birds-Of-Feather (BOF) / Working Group Formation:
-- Mr. Ronald Price, the Local Arrangements Chair, is
-- the POC for BOF Arrangements, and his e-mail address
-- has changed to: [log in to unmask]
* Tuesday Reception & Gala Program Announced:
-- "AdaGore Inc. or The Microjunk Curse"
* NEW "ASE" 2 Disk CD-ROM Set from Walnut Creek:
-- "Ada & Software Engineering"
* "Where's Ada" Contest -- Put your name & organization on
the map for a chance to win:
-- free T-shirts (perhaps one autographed by "lady Ada"
& others in the all star Gala cast),
-- free single user Window 95 or Windows NT version of
RR Software's CLAW software ($450 retail value), see
-- free WebMentor training in Ada'95 ($150 value), see
For full information & on-line registration, visit our
Conference Web Site at URL:
Looking Forward to Seeing You in DC!!
Tom Panfil -- SIGAda'98 Registration Chair