Colin Paul Gloster <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 12 Jul 2005 14:51:15 +0200
Scríobh duine as Corcaigh:

"Dear All,

I have written a very powerful piece of cryptography in the form of a cipher
that uses vectors [..]"

Matrices are used in cryptography, your approach might not be as unique as
you believed.

"[..]

[..] having been refused programming help at several well known academies
here in the UK.

[..]

Thanking you in anticipation of your help - Austin O' Byrne , Cork , Ireland"

Cork is not in the UK. In the Republic of Ireland, Dr. Mícheál Mac an Airchinnigh
had been involved in the Irish Ada group in the 1980s. He now works in Trinity
College Dublin.
WWW.CS.TCD.Ie/Micheal.MacanAirchinnigh/

"[..]

The project is complete and has been offered to the Free Software Foundation
for public licensing [..]

[..]

1 ) I don't know enough to finish the job in so far as I am unable to close
up the source code from public view."

The Free Software Foundation would require that the source code be accessible
to anyone who is given access to the program.

"2) I'm having a problem with "End Error while reading from an external file
and the program crashes before I can print out the decrypted message - this
despite having " new _Line and Skip_line as Prof Feldman recommended."

If you experience an error related to reading the end of your input file,
this would not be avoided by writing anything (not New_Line nor Skip_Line
nor anything else) to your output file.

"[..]

Would some body please help with these problems if I send you the programs
as they are at present for you to complete one [..]

[..]"

I do not wish to discourage you, but I am busy.

"[..]

[..] The secrecy is demonstrably unbreakable by all the known standards of
the Crypto Industry."

Nothing is unbreakable. Sarah Flannery in Cork devised an encryption scheme
in the late 1990s, which eventually had a weakness exposed.

As mentioned already by Larry Kilgallen, technical Ada help belongs in news:comp.lang.ada
but your desire for Ada advocacy is welcome.

Good luck,
Colin Paul Gloster