From:
Laurent Guerby <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 1998 11:42:56 +0100
W. Wesley Groleau wrote:
> Sorry, you're right.  I forgot about that part.   Then again, for some
> companies (or some projects), the trouble of changing the release process
> to include such an offer or to ensure that part of the source code is
> distributed with the program is enough to make them back off from using
> the GPL'd code--especially if it's something they could re-invent
> relatively cheaply.

   Yes, but note that then the fault is not on the license, it is only
   on the company lack of control on its own release process. Of
   course, if a company is in its case (crappy release control
   process), I strongly suggest it not to use any 3d party source,
   modified GPLed or not to avoid running into licensing problems!

--
Laurent Guerby <[log in to unmask]>, Ada Core Technologies Europe.
   "Use the Source, Luke. The Source will be with you, always (GPL)."