From:
Dale Stanbrough <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dale Stanbrough <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 11:20:54 +1100
>Is this something that could be done with ASIS -- the compiler would
>ignore the pragma, I guess, but could you have an ASIS tool that
>detects it and warns you if your code has bad class packages?

I hadn't thought of using ASIS to extend the language via pragmas. I had
generally thought that comments would be the better way to handle this.

Doesn't Ada95 require the compiler to complain about pragma's that it
doesn't understand, rather than silently ignoring them as in Ada83?

Do people have thoughts on this matter? I was thinking of getting the Anna
toolkit up and running again (to work with ASIS/Ada95, but not necessarily
to understand any of the newer Ada features), and it certainly has all of
it's annotations in comments.

Dale