Date:
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 09:18:36 -0700
I'm glad you said this! My boss gets mad when I say it, but I agree
completely. CS grads rarely have any "design" skills. It's hard to fault
them however, it's the schools that let them graduate without any real
design skills or concerns for quality. There are good profs and schools that
teach these skills, but they are rarely in the CS departments. Give me EE's
(hell, any engineer (even an ME or CE)) with a little SW training any day.

JTA