From:
Hal Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 21 Nov 1997 12:27:32 -0800
>Tom Panfil sent this out to Team-Ada the other day. I just thought I'd
>let y'all know that today I snail-mailed John Dvorak a packet of stuff,
>including a few web printouts and a copy of the Jul-Aug AdaLetters,
>in which is shrinkwrapped a copy of the Walnut Creek Ada CDROM.

MIKE:  That was a really smart move, and I think we ought to make
it standard practice whenever the name of someone like this (or
even Ada detractors too) comes to our attention.

I think that we ought to make it a standard practice as part of the
Ada Awareness/Advocacy Initiative, and I hope that Ben & Bart can put
the approx. $6-8K in the SIGAda FY99 budget so we can do another Ada
LETTERS issue with the WC Ada CD enclosed again next year; or, maybe
the ARA could be convinced to underwrite part of this, just like their
recent generous $15K donation to SIGAda's booth activities.
 - We ought to be sure that 100 or so of them get shipped to you or me or
   whoever becomes the point man to send them out.
 - A succinct cover 1-page letter (starting "We think you will be
   interested in the modernized features of Ada and the robust, growing
   state of the Ada industry today.  Enclosed ..."?)  ought to be
   composed making the right points (& signed maybe by Ben & Oliver)
   & included in the mailable package.
 - We should mail it to all prominent software article writers, newly-awares,
   skeptics, influence-makers, etc., that come to our attention.
 - Teamers & SIGAda members ought to be alerted to this availability and
   instructed to send names/addresses to the designated POC (you, me, or
   whoever becomes point man) when they see articles like this.
 - More academics interested in taking a look should be identified too,
   perhaps by a post to SIGCSE.Members again just like you did this year.
 - etc.
                -- hh