> Went through the validation lists, but might have missed it:
> 1. Any validated Ada 95 compilers for Windows CE?
> 2. Ada 83 ?
> 3. Almost validated?
> 4. JVM for Windows CE?
Thanks to all who answered so far.
To make the need more clear:
* existing product, very large,
* mostly Ada 83 (C, Ada 95, Java, together total under 10%)
* involves over a hundred intercommunicating programs on each host
* several distributed databases (i.e., the hosts communicate changes
in their local DBs to the other hosts via wire and radio),
* lots of GUI widgets, most in Ada w/ X11R5 bindings, but a few in Java.
* lots of math and decision-making under the hood
The powers that be are interested in porting parts of this to some
not-yet-identified hand-held device. Palm Pilot-type devices are not
ruled out, but probably do not have enough pixels on their screens.
Hand-translating the Ada to some other language is not feasible. I
realize the answer to #4 is definitely yes, making JGNAT or ObjectAda or
AppletMagic a possibility. AverStar's Ada to C compiler is also a