From:
Roger Racine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Roger Racine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Jul 2002 12:27:49 -0400
I understood your question, but I do not have a good answer.  I,
unfortunately, see trends that I do not like.  For example, I have been
told that Boeing is having a lot of trouble finding subcontractors who are
willing to use Ada (for commercial avionics).  So they are looking at
Java.  The project I am currently finishing had a requirement to use
C.  When I asked why not allow Ada, they used the "Worried that there will
not be anyone to maintain it in the future" argument.  For a new project,
the software Lead wanted to use Ada, but the developers talked him out of it.

Is this valid "data"?  No.  Too small a sample.  Not a scientific
study.  Extrapolations are generally only valid for a small delta time past
the present.

Roger Racine

At 11:10 AM 7/29/2002 , Ed Colbert wrote:
>Hi Craig
>
>Was my question too obscure?  What I meant was do you think there will
>be new software projects using Ada 5, 10, 20 years from now?  Also, do
>you think there will be more or fewer Ada compiler and tool suppliers?
>
>Take care,
>Ed

Roger Racine
Draper Laboratory, MS 31