Sender: "Team Ada: Ada Advocacy Issues (83 & 95)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 17:58:17 -0400
From: Richard Conn <[log in to unmask]>
Hal,

Just in case you missed it, this is the text of what Mike said:

My Prentice-Hall Dictionary of Computing says (1998, p.627):

"STANDARDS.

Clearly defined and agreed-upon conventions for programming
intefaces. Standards may be (bullets mine)

- proprietary (used only within the environment provided by a single
  computer vendor),

- public (widely used across a variety of vendor equipment), or

- formal (developed by a standards organization such as ANSI or ISO)."

Richard Conn, Principal Investigator
Reuse Tapestry