Sender: "Team Ada: Ada Advocacy Issues (83 & 95)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 09:12:31 +0000
>IIRC, they said the answer was not what they expected from the results
>of other "research" so therefore must be invalid.

This makes sense. If they have actually researched the market by going out and
asking people, then this is not going to be affected by factors such as team-ada
advising its members that there is a poll available and we should vote in it.
Internet polls in general are seriously flawed, simply due to the fact that it
is so easy for you to email all your friends and acquaintances to tell them what
to put.

I'm not trying to criticise the Ada community for this, it is a good thing in a
way, but the poll would have been more likely to succeed if people had just been
left to find it on their own.

John