From:
jim hopper <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
jim hopper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 25 Dec 2001 19:55:42 -0500
Just trying to get the word out.  a group of us have been working on
getting gnat to work with os x.  Alan and Andrew Reynolds made big
progress last week.  the compiler bootstraps and builds tools and libs.
it has some problems that we have been working hard on.  biggest is that
exceptions don't work.  they compile fine, but if one is raise the
program segfaults.  but some people like to live on the edge and so we
have put up a web page thanks to david bottom and adapower at
<www.adapower.net/macos> that walk you though bootstrapping the compiler
starting from a bare gnat1 and gnatbind on the web page and the FSF
sources (page tells how to get them).  in addition it tells how to join
our mac os discussion list where we make announcements and take bug
report etc.

So if you like living on the edge check it out and pass the info along
to any mac os folks who you think might be interested

ps.  i will try to put a tar ball of the current state of the compiler
on the web page tomorrow or the next day for those of you who want to
play but don't want to bootstrap your own compiler.