From:
"Brakewood, Marcus x12479a2" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 01:04:40 -0400
Well, a group of us at the USMA are still trying to finish our intelligent
vehicle using Ada.  We have:

1) A dual pentium III industrial computer.
2) 2 pulnix video cameras and a sick optics laser as sensors.
3) A GALIL motion control card with encoders.
4) A frame with all the above hardware mounted (including the motors,
batteries, and electrical bus).

--note that interfaces were made to our hardware using Ada.

The wheels of the vehicle have moved (using Ada) and 2D representations of
lines (similar to traffic lines) have been created from camera pictures
(using Ada).  We are currently fixing a few interface bugs before going
outside to test our "Intelligent" algorithm.  This algorithm is pretty much
just an implementation of Dykstra's algorithm with a weighted graph (a 2D
depiction of the world), with weights based on obstacles detected with the
sensors.  The algorithm found the best path on paper, but....

An external website should be coming within the next few months.

Hopefully we will be able to finish this year and you can probably expect
intelligent vehicles to continue to be developed at USMA using Ada for years
to come (we are the first group to attempt it here).

V/R,
Cadet Marc Brakewood