jim hopper <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 5 Jul 2000 12:35:59 -0500
At 4:53 PM -0400 7/5/00, Richard Conn wrote:
>Thanks for the update, Steve,
>
>It's looking more and more like users are at least at a partial disadvantage
>if
>they use Netscape.  In this weekend's experiments, we could not find any way
>use Netscape in the Community Chat Room (altho there is a Netscape add-in
>for

what else is new!

>chat.msn.com, but that's not the same).  However, service was very reliable
>(probably partially due to a load drop over the July 4 holiday).  Some of us
>had 3 hours worth of Chat Room time non-stop without interruption.
>
>Hopefully, being driven to Microsoft technologies for this site won't drive
>anyone away.  Besides, there is always direct contact, but the resources of
>the Community take a lot of the work of collaboration away.

Sorry i don't see the point of having to change my whole way of doing
business on the internet just to be part of this.  not to mention if
you are on a unix box you have no choice but to use netscape.  so yes
at least for me (and 2 or 3 other people i know) this will keep us
from collaborating.  to me its not collaboration if i have to be
coorced into using the tools someone else prefers.  its your site and
you are perfectly free (and i am sure will) disregard this ;-)

jim