Date:
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 08:32:21 -0500
From:
Wes Groleau <[log in to unmask]>
 > My favorite name is the made-up one that ws invented in Europe
 > but never caught on, "Informatics". It's just as arbitrary, but

I read a book once on "Systemantics" (I suspect the pun was intended).

There are at least ten schools in the USA that offer degrees in
Software Engineering.  Do any of those also offer Computer Science
as a distinct major?

One of them is Monmouth.  Is Rick Conn still listening?

As for the claim that software engineering is not
"real" engineering--that's true _in_practice_ of
most people that call themselves software engineers.
But it can be done in a manner that is true engineering,
and is done that way by some.