From:
Steven Deller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 07:58:20 -0400
Alan,
Your web page at
  http://www2.dynamite.com.au/aebrain/PROGRAM.HTM
looks pretty good.

There are a few problems I noted:

1. In your "C is better than Ada" humorous example, "p" is NOT the number of
bits in n.  It would be if the assignment were
   p = BITCOUNT(n);
It is a clever mathematical trick :-).  And interestingly, it should work
for integers up to 255 bits :-).

2. On the main page, the link at the bottom to CMM is dead -- it should
probably be:
  http://www.sei.cmu.edu/cmm/cmm.html

3. On the main page, your "Ada Sites" search link at the bottom uses (IMHO)
a poor search site.  The top hit is an out-of-print tutorial at Amazon and
most of the other hits are pretty archaic as well.

When I used your same search words at MSN (the enemy ?!?):

http://auto.search.msn.com/results.asp?cfg=SMCINITIAL&srch=5&FORM=AS5&RS=CHE
CKED&v=1&q=ada+programming+language
I got lots of active, current sites (SIGAda, adahome, adapower, etc.)

Same for "google"
  http://www.google.com/search?q=ada+programming+language

It appears just about every search site except the one you chose finds
better Ada resource sites.

I'd suggest you change the search link on your web page to a better search
site.

Side note: no search site hits www.adaic.org, which is an excellent site
with LOTS of good information (and is constantly updated with timely
information).

I've cc'ed Ann Brandon (the www.adaic.org web "master").  Perhaps she can
make sure a search for "Ada Programming Language" hits the adaic site.

4. I would suggest putting that site directly on your web page -- it is the
most complete site I can find about Ada, and includes links to most every
other web page about Ada, even if searches don't find them normally.

Ann,
Is it possible to put a link to the above page into the www.adaic.org Ada
links page under "web sites"?

Regards,
Steve
"Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen."
Steven Deller        Smooth Sailing LLC