From:
Keith Shillington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 1998 09:24:14 -0800
At this point, that would be me (hand held high).  If I'm writing an Ada
program (which I don't do much of anymore) I'm probably solving some
text-processing problem that exceeds my limited knowledge of awk or tcl.
Now, it used-to-was that I was spending trench time debugging real-time
embedded control systems; or training programmers to do (mostly) the same.
I just like Ada as what it is to me, a general purpose modular programming
language.

>Frankly, I expect most everyone on Team-Ada (328 people) to prefer
>embedded systems. This is a small group of highly enthusiastic
>Ada-philes and Ada is mostly used in embedded systems.
>
>Raise your hands if you're using Ada to create desk-top applications or
>any other non-embedded software - and that's the main part of your job.

Keith Shillington - [log in to unmask]
Manager, Quality Assurance and Ada Customer Support