From:
Hal Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 22 Nov 1998 18:32:00 -0800
>I am a beginning student of Ada. Can someone direct me where to get
>help  with some simple beginning programming.
>
>Thanks
>
>Ray F

RAY:  SIGAda distributes 2 CDs that can help:  "Discovering Ada" is pretty
much for intro exposure to and learning the language, and the Walnut Creek
Ada CD-ROM (a $40 commercial product) is chock full o' Ada resources such
as free compilers, reusable Ada components, over 50 sets of courseware
(Ada, software engineering, OO, etc.), Ada bindings, the Ada reference
manual & rationale, etc. etc. etc.

Give me your address and I will be glad to send you these 2 CDs on behalf
of SIGAda.

(This offer is open to anyone else trying to get started with Ada.)

Please also check out SIGAda's website (http://www.acm.org/sigada) which is
loaded with many pages about getting started with Ada, about other aspects
of the Ada community, and pointing to other excellent Ada sites.
Particularly notice the SIGAda Education Working Group site
(http://www.acm.org/sigada/education), organized specifically for students
and educators.

 --Hal Hart (SIGAda Past Chair & honcho of SIGAda's Ada Awareness Initiative)