Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 22:19:57 EST
From:
Bard Crawford <[log in to unmask]>
This is to report back, and say thanks, to those on Team Ada
and comp.lang.ada who offered suggestions re publishing and
those who requested review copies of "LearnAda" Volume 1,
"Ada Essentials: Overview, Examples and Glossary."

Marin Condic, John Harbaugh, David Hoos and Rush Kester have
already supplied very useful comments and criticisms.

Karl Nyberg suggested I consider self-publishing, and I am
now planning to do that, at least initially. (The publishing
world has changed radically in the last few years.)

I plan to begin selling the browser-based version through my
own LearnAda.com web site very shortly. (price, $12)

The printed book should appear for sale at some printer/
publisher's web site in six weeks or so.  I have to make a
selection among several candidates first. The PDF version
will be sold at the FatBrain.com site.
(FatBrain doesn't know it yet.)

Announcements will appear here when appropriate.

Please don't stop the reviewing process. Some of you are
college teachers or corporate trainers, and I realize that
the Spring term is just beginning. Your feedback will be
valuable for the next version.

Thanks again to all,

Bard Crawford
Stage Harbor Software