"Team Ada: Ada Programming Language Advocacy (83 & 95)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Dec 2004 13:23:18 -0500
From:
Mike Brenner <[log in to unmask]>
For many projects to be delivered in other languages,
I still do the initial coding of the algorithmic parts
in Ada to get the simpler bugs out sooner.

I know that identifies me as a less
than perfect programmer who still inserts bugs
into programs, but so what? I am a hacker,
and I design by making and integrating
together a series of working prototypes.

I don't prototype my setl, sql, or snobol programs in Ada.
But I do prototype my c-like language algorithms
(including algorithms to be delivered as java, awk,
python, etc.).

The advantages of doing these little algorithms in
Ada first is the speedup I get in developing
in Ada and converting to something else, versus
putting up with the unhelpful error messages
and lack of compile time checking in other languages.

Mike Brenner