"Team Ada: Ada Programming Language Advocacy (83 & 95)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Nov 2004 16:17:12 +0100
From:
Jacob Sparre Andersen <[log in to unmask]>
David Botton wrote:

> Why should any one learn Ada as their first language?

I doubt that everybody has the same reason, but here are
some arguments:

 + It is easy to learn (because it is a well-structured
   language design).

 + Because it is a language you continue to have benefits
   from using, also when you become an experienced
   programmer.

 + Because it is cool to have parallel processing built into
   the language.

 + Because the Ada compiler helps you with identifying your
   programming errors (and we _all_ make errors
   occasionally).

 + Because it makes it easier to write programs that can be
   moved to different architectures.

 + Because I say so. :-)

Greetings,

Jacob
--
»By becoming continuous, war has fundamentally changed its character.
 In past ages, a war, almost by definition, was something that sooner