Sender: "Team Ada: Ada Advocacy Issues (83 & 95)" <[log in to unmask]>
From: "W. Wesley Groleau x4923" <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 12:00:23 -0500
> At least we have a package culture now, so at least the declarations
> will be in one place instead of distributed in every program.
> That is, assuming both engineers and managers resolve to _really_
> learn how to encapsulate.

Don't bet on it.  I was once asked to do a "simple upgrade" of some Ada
code.  Turned out that the original author (no longer available for
consultation) had read where the coding standard said "group related items
together in a package."  So he had one package for each of the following:

types
constants
variables
functions