Jack Beidler <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 25 Oct 1998 22:25:49 -0500
Regarding:  Michael Feldman wrote:

> Hi -
>
> Here is a juicy bit of news:
>
> According to "PC Week", issue of 10/19/98, Microsoft's
> SQL Server database program Enterprise Manager refuses
> to recognize Feb. 29, 2000 as a valid date. Apparently
> Microsoft's programmers never learned the real rules for
> leap years - a year divisible by 400 _is_ one.

Well, I guess we will have to petition congress to make it so.  This
will require a multi-trillion dollar system of jet engines to be placed
around the equator to reduce the rotation speed of the earth, hence
makeing the leap day unnecesary.  It is probably easier to do that than
to correct an error in a Microsoft product (oops not an error, a
feature).

Jack
--
John (Jack) Beidler, Ph.D., Professor of Computer Science
Computing Sciences Department, University of Scranton, Scranton, PA