From:
Ed Falis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Dec 1999 22:54:07 -0500
----- Original Message -----
>From: <[log in to unmask]>
> Am I wrong to be disappointed that such a defacto standard would be based
> on
> a C-ism (or Unix-ism) as the "environment variable" ?

You can be as disappointed as you like, but it's a fact of life that lovers
of fringe languages like ourselves have to put up with such ugliness unless
we're going to rewrite it all.  And frankly, there isn't enough time, and
there aren't enough of us in any given fringe language.  So, we deal with
it, and use what we know can make software better where we can.  No point in
whining.

- Ed