From:
"C. Daniel Cooper" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
C. Daniel Cooper
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 09:12:55 -0800
Robin Reagan wrote:

> I've started a new project on my own and I am trying to use as much
> reusable code as possible. The problem (actually more of an
> annoyance) I'm running into is that most of the code I'm trying to
> reuse, has a "use" statement for each "with" statement. When trying
> to debug or just understand what is going on in someone else's code,
> it makes it more difficult to trace where things are coming from
> when the "use" is added for no apparent reason then the convenience
> of typing fewer characters.
>
> For those of you that are distributing reusable code, you might want
> to think about this as it makes your code less readable/reusable
> when there are "use" statements for each "with" (IMHO).

That's good advice for future code; but for code that already exists,
you can pass it through analysis tools that will add the missing name
qualifiers, permitting the USE clauses to be removed. For example, the
Ada Repair tool from Rational provides such capability.

--

Adv Computing Technologist | processes       | All opinions are mine |