From:
"Harbaugh, John S" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Sep 2001 13:07:46 -0700
Hi, Aba -

Some strengths of the language include:

Concurrency - Ada has a rich set of Tasks (kind of a communicating thread)
and Protected Objects (a high-level monitor).  These can be distributed on
one or many processors.  Much more advanced than Java threads.

Object Oriented Programming - Ada provides complete support for abstraction,
inheritance, and polymorphism

Embedded Programming - Specify memory representation and location,
interfaces to C, FORTRAN, and COBOL, interrupt handling, exception handling,
streams, real time clock, and more!

Supports a readable, understandable programming style.

All this, and you don't have to go outside the language to a POSIX binding
for example.

Hope this helps,

        - John Harbaugh