From:
Pascal Obry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Pascal Obry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 18:48:15 +0100
Robert C. Leif, Ph.D. writes:
 > Internet devices are presently perceived as a large market. The GUI of these
 > devices should be based on web pages that could use Ada compiled to J code.
 > For reasons of efficiency, it would be very useful to have the Ada J code
 > capable of being interfaced to compiled Ada code. Another example, someone
 > in the Ada community decides to get rich and make a competitor to Microsoft
 > Office or Works. They create standard Ada executables that contain COM
 > objects etc. However, the application needs a scripting or macro language. I
 > prefer an Ada J code compiler to Visual BASIC. The scripting language will
 > need to call Ada executables.

Ok now I understand but I still do not see why an AVM is needed here. As I
said before just port GLADE to the JVM. You'll have a very nice distributed
framework that will tranparently allow communication between partitions with
some of them in Ada (native executable) and some of them in Ada for the JVM.

And I'm pretty sure that porting GLADE to the JVM is far easier than building
an AVM !

Just my 2 cents,
Pascal.

--|