From:
Stef Van Vlierberghe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stef Van Vlierberghe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 1997 16:24:14 MET
We have difficulty getting references, so I took the liberty
of bringing following comp.lang.ada post to your attention :

From: Philippe Waroquiers <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Ada95 references needed.
Date: 03 Dec 1997 16:38:16 +0100

We have successfully used Ada83 to develop some systems that are
currently operational (Flow Management over the European airspace).

We would like to use object oriented techniques for our future
developments.  In this area, we see 2 main choices : Ada95 or
C++.

In this framework, we are not searching for "theoretical" arguments
about the qualities of Ada95 over C++ (most of the people here agree
that the Ada95 definition is better than C++).  However, the technical
qualities are not the only factors we take into account.  Among
others, one (big) factor is where and for what Ada95 is used.

So, we would like to find as many references as possible of
  * new projects using Ada95
  * projects that have converted from Ada83 to Ada95 (even without
    using a lot of Ada95 features).

The following informations would be interesting :
  - short description of the project
  - size of the code

Ideally, we would like to find projects similar to our projects (non-military,
non-embedded, european).
If you are an Ada95 user, please reply to this post in comp.lang.ada
(if it can be public).
Send us a private e-mail (if it cannot be public).

Note that we are also interested to have references of projects
that have converted from Ada to C++. We are interested in both
succesful and unsuccesful conversions :).
--
Philippe WAROQUIERS             Eurocontrol - Central Flow Management Unit
[log in to unmask]    Rue de la fusee, 96