From:
Randy Brukardt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Jan 2003 19:16:09 -0600
It appears that I accidentally filed off the original posters name and reply
address. Let's try this again...

----

From:
Linda Thomas
Contracts Management Office
PEO Enterprise Information Systems
Department of Army
703.806.3032 (DSN 656)
"working to improve quality of contracts, improve timeliness, and save
resources"

>Since the Government is no longer mandating the use of Ada and programs
have mostly
>migrated to other platforms, what happened to all the Ada software that the
government
>purchased?  The reason I am asking this question, we have a number of
legacy systems
>and sometimes they ask that we purchase Ada products, such as an Ada
compiler.  Do
>inventories exist for Ada products?
>
> Thanks--

As the other people here (Ada-Comment) have mentioned, Ada is not dead. See
http://www.adaic.org and http://www.adapower.com for more information on the
state of Ada.
Anyway, this is the wrong forum for this question. This mailing list is for
questions and proposals about the Ada standard itself. General questions on
the usage of Ada aren't appropriate here; they should be directed to the
team-ada mailing list ([log in to unmask], to which I've forwarded this
message) or to the comp.lang.ada newsgroup.

            Randy Brukardt.