Ada Marketing <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 11:03:03 -0400
Frank,

Beard, Frank wrote:

> Greg,
>
> I downloaded the OA 7.2 Special Edition last night and tried to
> use it.  When I run it, it displays "Not for Commercial use"
> and that there are limits to the sizes and number of files.  When
> I run the GUI builder it says there are limits also, including no
> more that two windows.
>
> So, I tried to compile some of my code and every package that
> was over 2000 lines aborted with the error:
>
>     "ERROR: This version of the compiler will not process files
>      exceeding 2000 lines."
>
> So, are you sure the right version of the Special Edition is on the
> WEB page?  It says 7.2 when you run it so I assume it is.  If you
> intended to remove the limits, could you look into it an let me know
> when they are removed and a new one is available for download.

It appears that I misspoke.  I was correct that the special edition now comes
with the GUI Builder.  It does however still have some built in limits for unit
sizes.  Where the intent is to provide a compile system for education and/or
small personal projects the limits seem reasonable.

However I will look into at what point we might be able to remove them all
together.  That is when we will have our next major release of this product
line.  Note that the full Professional Edition has no limits and does have a
fairly complete set of utility bindings that come with it.  That's not very
expense and is roughly the same cost as VC++.

--

Greg Gicca
Aonix Ada Marketing account