Date:
Fri, 17 May 2002 20:13:20 -0500
From:
Corey Minyard <[log in to unmask]>
Every publish-subscribe interface I have ever seen in OO languages used
polymorphism.  Function pointers are used in languages that don't
directly support polymorphism.  IMHO, the only thing access to
subprograms is good for is interfacing to C (or other low-level) code;
dispatching handles this type of stuff more cleanly.  For instance, you
can carry data in the dispatching object, which is quite handy in most
instances.

-Corey