Date:
Fri, 23 Oct 1998 09:16:19 -0400
From:
"Terry J. Westley" <[log in to unmask]>
Jean-Pierre Rosen is absolutely right about the advantages of
writing Java applets in Ada.  I see this as the best of both
worlds.

I'm just sorry we don't have access to Swing yet.  Dave Wood
says Aonix will ship AdaJNI (which includes an interface to
Swing) with ObjectAda 7.1.3, but I don't know when that will be.

For more information on writing Java applets in Ada with several
simple examples, see http://www.buffnet.net/~westley/AdaJava/
or Vol 19, No 1 of "Ada User Journal."  I will be presenting
a tutorial on "Internet Programming with Ada" at SIGAda '98
based on these applets as well as writing CGI programs in Ada.

--
Terry J. Westley, Principal Engineer
Calspan, An operation of Veridian