Announcing the release of PolyORB 1.1r
The PolyORB team is proud to announce the release of PolyORB 1.1r
This release contains a CORBA-compliant instantiation of the PolyORB
generic middleware. This release is not supported by ACT. Release 1.1r
is a stable snapshot of the PolyORB generic middleware implementing
the new features described below.
In addition to PolyORB 1.0p (2003-06-16), it includes:
* a significant increase in performance: from 30% up to 40% depending
on the configuration,
* fixes for several bugs and memory leaks,
* extended support for CORBA and GIOP specifications,
* the PolyORB User's Guide,
* the MIOP/UIPMC protocol stack, Unreliable Multicast Inter-ORB
Protocol, following the OMG standard,
* the DIOP protocol stack, Datagram-based Inter-ORB Protocol, a
specialization of GIOP for oneway requests,
Other instantiations of PolyORB are available in the public PolyORB
CVS repository for testing purposes. Available instantiations include
DSA (Distributed System Annex), MOMA (Message Oriented Middleware for
Ada) and AWS (Ada Web Server).
PolyORB is primarily developed by Jérôme Hugues, Thomas Vergnaud, and
Laurent Pautet (Télécom Paris), and Thomas Quinot (ACT Europe).
Fabrice Kordon (LIP6) also participates in the project.
Vadim Godunko regularly contributes by submitting patches.