From:
Stephane Richard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 21:34:04 +0200
Hello again everyone,

I am trying to decide between to different designs that will accomplish
the same task.  And I was just wondering if it was possible (or even
recommended) to do.

Here's the situation via an example:

- I wish to have a wrapper object that will manage a linked list of data.

- I have an object that will need to call upong the Wrapper object's
methods to insert, delete and manipulate data inside that linked list.

- I have another object that will need to take the contents of the wrapper
object's linked list and process them.

- Finally I have another object that will need to take the processed
linked list and send it say to a serial port.

In essense, I'm assuming I can do this be either declaring 3 dlls for each
of those objects plus the dll for the wrapper object with the linked list
making the methods open to the outside world.

Or I can declare a bunch of Tasks that could potentially be a task for
each of the jobs I need done on the linked lists and execute them
asynchroneously in a controlled environment.

Only 2 criteria for making this decision.

   1. I would like the most speed possible.
   2. The most reliable possible.

Which method would you recommend?

Thank you again for all your help.

Regards,