Tucker Taft <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 16:13:58 -0400
Roger Racine wrote:
> I do not have a lot of trust in the "ARG" (has it changed its name?),
> especially on this.  If what I have been told about implementations is
> true, vendors will be very resistant to change, and it would likely require
> a major change.  Besides, some application developers will argue that they
> have gotten used to using system services in tasks.  Others will argue that
> Ada tasking with priorities is no different than using threads in C.
> Unfortunately, these are all valid arguments now.

In any case, I have forwarded this note to the ARG, and will try
to be sure the issue gets onto the agenda.  What you are looking for seems
quite reasonable, and as you say, worked fine in the "good old days."
The ARG has changed with the times, though I don't know what particular
action caused you to lose trust in them in the past.  Although I
can't guarantee any particular outcome, I can at least guarantee that
we will discuss your concern...

--
-Tucker Taft   [log in to unmask]   http://www.averstar.com/~stt/
Technical Director, Distributed IT Solutions  (www.averstar.com/tools)