Jeffrey Carter <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 12 Sep 2006 14:52:43 -0700
G. Booker wrote:

> I'm a PhD student in biomedical engineering.  A major part of my
> dissertation will involve getting various mathematical models, of how
> parts of the body work, to interact with each other.  The challenge
> is that the models are working on different physical scale levels
> (from sub-cellular to the whole body), and on many different time
> scales (millisecond-duration processes to ones that take months or
> years).

> So my question is:  Is Ada's concurrency capability well suited to
> this type of problem?  Why or why not?  Has it been done before in
> Ada?

I'm not sure how concurrency will help you in such a project. You want
to apply the mathematical models to appropriate data. You may invoke
some models many times for each invocation of another model.

I would think that you would do this in a similar manner in Ada as in
any other language. Ada would be suitable, and would have the same
advantages of detecting errors early as it does in other domains.

You might also want to post in comp.lang.ada, especially if you have
more detailed questions.

--
Jeff Carter
"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries."