"S. Ron Oliver" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 07:59:13 -0600
At 08:40 AM 7/31/02 +0100, Peter Amey wrote:
>Maybe this is just a European perspective, but I don't think things are
>nearly as black for Ada as the majority of posts have implied. . . .

. . . etc.

Well said Peter.  I myself, having just spent some time in Europe, learning
about the market there, was going to offer that I thought things were
looking rather encouraging there.  You, of course, are in a much better
position to bring that up.

The key point is, Ada, and other sensible technologies (which eliminates
all C-class languages, including Java), are going to be around as long as
there are responsible, competent Software Engineers, committed to doing
high quality work.  While it is true the percentage of people in the
software industry who fit those criteria might appear to be shrinking, it
is just a matter of time before public outrage, if nothing more, will force
the issue for many domains.

sro

S. Ron Oliver, the U.S. representative for Top Graph'X, developers of high
quality software components, using Ada, including OrbRiver the
multi-language ORB.  A single distributed programming environment for all
developers.  Supports Ada95, Java, and C++.

For more information, check out www.topgraphx.com.

Semi-retired professor of Computer Science and Computer
Engineering.  www.csc.calpoly.edu/~sroliver