From:
"Kester, Rush W." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kester, Rush W.
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2001 12:32:58 -0500
Jeff,

Please repost your Mine Detector Game announcement on
http://www.adapower.com/lab/adafun/chat.html

To all interested in Ada Games:

How about joining the "Fun with Ada" lab at AdaPower?
I setup a lab area on David Botton's AdaPower site for
getting folks together who want to help promote Ada by
showing how much fun you can have with Ada applications.
Ada games are a perfect match.

See, http://www.adapower.com/lab/adafun.html for how
you can help from anywhere in cyberspace or just track
what's going on.  To discuss this further please use
http://www.adapower.com/lab/adafun/chat.html

My goal is to reach the budding programmers in high school
and expose them to software engineering with Ada before
they learn too many bad habits.  I plan to use various
applications that will capture the interest of young
programmers (or those young in spirit :-).

For example, controlling model trains, slot cars, and
robots.  Barry Fagin has developed an interface to allow
Ada programs to control the LEGO Mindstorm's robots.
see http://www.usafa.af.mil/dfcs/adamindstorms.htm  We
had a demo of an Ada controlled LEGO Mindstorms robot
at the SIGAda 2000 conference hosted here at Johns Hopkins
University Applied Physic Laboratory.

Another example is David Wheeler's skeleton
of an object-oriented adventure game called "Small" in Ada,
http://www.adahome.com/Tutorials/Lovelace/small.htm.

Rush Kester
Pres Balt SIGAda

Software Systems Engineer
AdaSoft at Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab.
email:  [log in to unmask]
phone: (240) 228-3030 (live M-F 9:30am-4:30pm, voicemail anytime)
fax:      (240) 228-6779
http://hometown.aol.com/rwkester/myhomepage/index.html