From:
Ben Hoefer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ben Hoefer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Jun 2006 00:50:26 -0700
Hi,

  I'm a newbie in ADA programming. I use GNAT / GPS on MS-Windows.

  Yesterday I tried to compile my 1st ADA programm "Hello World!". Unfortunately, I got the following error message:

    gnatmake -PC:/GNAT/bin/helloworld.gpr helloworld.adb -d
    fatal error, run-time library not installed correctly
    cannot locate file system.ads
    gnatmake: *** make failed.

      process exited with status 4

Well, when I installed GNAT / GPS I affirmed the options suggested by the programm (for instance the folders ...) So, if the run-time library is not installed correctly - I can't help it: GNAT / GPS did install this library!

  I deinstalled GNAT / GSP, and I installed it again. I tried to compile my little program again. And I got the same error message.

  So, what can I do to make this strange GNAT / GPS compiler work?

  I would appreciate any hints, suggestions and recomendations.

  Thanks in advance!

  Have a nice weekend, Ben.

http://mail.yahoo.com