Date:
Mon, 13 Sep 1999 08:07:53 -0700
From:
"Robert C. Leif, Ph.D." <[log in to unmask]>
From: Bob Leif
To: Richard Conn et al.

Unfortunately,
<form METHOD= "post" ACTION="file://C|\Ada_Work\html_small_read.exe" >
did not work. In both cases, the Ada program opens puts its name on the
screen and sits. Windows Explorer first asks about saving it to disk and
then about its lack of an internal signature. However, I overrode both and
it opened.

If we are this close, I would greatly appreciate it if someone would make
this combination work. I would hope that it would serve as the basis of the
simplest example for the next CD-ROM or its successor. This is actually
based on David  Wheeler's Ada 95 Binding to CGI. Unfortunately, I could
never make it work in my client only environment. Therefore, I wrote a
simple HTML file and Ada test program. Once these work, I and I hope others
will be able to work out the rest. For instance, I plan to transform the
input to one or more bounded strings prior to further processing.