Help for CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS Archives

CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS Home

CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS  November 2006, Week 5

CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS November 2006, Week 5

CfP: HCIEd 2007:Creativity3

Kristof Van Laerhoven <[log in to unmask]>

Kristof Van Laerhoven <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 29 Nov 2006 20:32:45 +0100

HCIEd 2007 "Creativity3: Experiencing to Educate and Design"
the Annual Conference for HCI Educators from Industry and Academia
29-30 March 2007, Aveiro, Portugal

http://www.bcs-hci.org.uk/hcied2007/

IMPORTANT DATES
Papers Submission: December 18, 2006
Short Papers & Posters Submission: December 25, 2006
Notification of Acceptance: February 3, 2007
Final Submission: February 28, 2007

CALL FOR PAPERS
HCIEd 2007 is the international conference for Human-Computer
Interaction Educators from both industry and academia. Jointly
organised by the BCS HCI Group, the Instituto de Engenharia
Electrónica de Aveiro, UA, the Eurographics Portuguese Chapter, and
IFIP TC13.1, the conference focuses on the theme Creativity3:
Experiencing to educate and design'.

While it has been argued that creativity is an innate human quality,
we have also seen that, as we expand our experiences of creativity and
increase our repertoire of design solutions, we can improve our
ability to develop new, creative and innovative HCI design solutions.

Creativity, education and design as well as its reach and vivid
experience are the dimensions we want to explore in HCIEd 2007,
endeavouring at a better understanding of creative processes and
abilities while encouraging and nurturing creative mindsets.

As attentive and proactive educators we need to ensure that our
teaching practices empower creative thinking on the design of
interactive systems and applications. Now and in the future, HCI
teachers are challenged to introduce Design as a permanent creative
process of the technological developments that, apart from level of
complexity, sustain our everyday life activities. An HCI educator's
"provocation" is therefore to encourage a permanent creative engaging
experience.

HCIEd 2007 aims at broadening and promoting the discussion concerning
HCI education and its related aspects. The Conference seeks to
strengthen the dialogue among disciplines contributing to HCI
education, such as psychology, design, ergonomics, etc.

We invite educators, researchers, developers, artists and
practitioners, including computer and information scientists;
engineers; product, graphic, and interaction designers; creative
practitioners; social scientists, ethnographers, and anthropologists
to submit original work that reflects upon their own experiences of
developing innovative or creative designs, and to articulate these
experiences in a way that others, such as our students, can learn from
them. We also encourage papers that describe how one could create an
environment (classroom, course design, practical exercises, frameworks
and tools for generating ideas) that would encourage creativity among
our students.

HCIEd 2007 welcomes original contributions, from the following areas:
  	.:. Education and training methods that encourage creativity for
novel interfaces
  	.:. HCI education theories, methods and practices
  	.:. Interaction design principles
  	.:. Creativity techniques, methods and environments
  	.:. Individual and collaborative practices for enhancing creativity
  	.:. Creative design process
  	.:. Conception, development and evaluation of interactive systems
  	.:. Interactivity and experience
  	.:. Case studies on education, creativity and/or design
  	.:. Transdisciplinary methods and models

The conference proceedings will be published by the GPCG (Eurographics
- Portuguese Chapter) and electronically in VIRtual (online magazine
of Eurographics - Portuguese Chapter). A post-conference proceedings
book will be published by Springer.

LONG PAPERS
Papers should present studies that contribute to our understanding of
HCI education as an engaging experience, critical and reflective
approaches to the design of interactive technology, research on how to
approach the conception, development and evaluation of innovative as
well as mundane artefacts.

Papers will be double blind refereed and should respect the ACM SIGCHI
two-column format (see
http://www.acm.org/sigs/pubs/proceed/template.html) and contain a
maximum of 8 pages.

Please send your submissions via this url:
http://www.mifav.uniroma2.it/HCIEd/login.php. If you have any queries
related to the submission system, please email Carlo Giovanella.

Deadline: 18th December 2006

SHORT PAPERS/ POSTERS
Short papers and posters can be based on case studies or reports of
best practices showing the process by which creative design can be
encouraged and experienced by HCI students. Also, these may report
small experiments or techniques in a concise format.

Papers will be double blind refereed and should respect the ACM SIGCHI
two-column format (see
http://www.acm.org/sigs/pubs/proceed/template.html) and contain a
maximum of 8 pages.

Please send your submissions via this url:
http://www.mifav.uniroma2.it/HCIEd/login.php. If you have any queries
related to the submission system, please email Carlo Giovanella.
Deadline: 25th December 2006

CONFERENCE CO-CHAIRS
Paula Alexandra Silva – Lancaster University, UK
William Wong – Middlesex University, UK

INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMME COMMITTEE CO-CHAIRS
Alan Dix – Lancaster University, UK
Joaquim Jorge – Instituto Superior Técnico, Portugal

INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMME COMMITTEE MEMBERS (confirmed)
Beatriz Sousa Santos - University of Aveiro, Portugal
Carlo Giovanella - Universita di Roma, Italy
Corina Sas - Lancaster University, UK
Daniel Gonçalves - Instituto Superior Técnico, Portugal
Devina Ramduny-Ellis - Lancaster University, UK
Ebba Hvannberg - University of Iceland, Iceland
Eurico Carrapatodo - FE da Universidade do Porto, Portugal
Gerrit C. van der Veer - Open University, Netherlands
Gitte Lindgaard - Carleton University, Canada
Jan Gulliksen - Uppsala University, Sweden
Janet Read - University of Central Lancashire/BCS, UK
Joaquim Jorge - Instituto Superior Técnico, Portugal
José Artur Serrano - University of Aveiro, Portugal
José Creissac Campos - University of Minho, Portugal
Joseph A. Konstan - University of Minnesota, USA
Judy Hammond - University of Technology, Sydney, Australia
Konrad Baumann - F H Joanneum/IFIP, Austria
Kristof Van Laerhoven - Darmstadt University of Technology, Germany
Lars Oestreicher - Uppsala University/IFIP, Sweden
Lemai Nguyen - Deakin University, Australia
Liam J. Bannon - University of Limerick, Ireland
Lim Kee Yong - Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Manuel João da Fonseca - Instituto Superior Técnico, Portugal
Marta Larusdottir - University of Iceland, Iceland
Matthias Rauterberg - Technical University Eindhoven, Netherlands
Miguel Salles Dias - ISCTE/ADETTI, Portugal
Nuno Correia - New University of Lisbon, Portugal
Nuno Jardim Nunes - University of Madeira, Portugal
Óscar Mealha - University of Aveiro, Portugal
Oscar Pastor - Valencia University of Technology, Spain
Paula Kotze - University of South Africa/IFIP, South Africa
Pedro Faria Lopes - ISCTE, Portugal
Philippe Palanque -Université Paul Sabatier, France
Russell Beale - University of Birmingham/BCS, UK
Simone Barbosa – PUC-Rio, Brazil
Stephen Viller - University of Queensland, Australia
Teresa Chambel - Faculdade de Ciências da Universidade de Lisboa,
Portugal
Teresa Isabel Romão - University of Évora, Portugal
Theng Yin Leng - Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
Tom Gross - Faculty of Media Bauhaus, University Weimar, Germany
ORGANISING COMMITTEE
Carlo Giovanella, Universita di Roma, Italy
Ebba Hvannberg – University of Iceland, Iceland
Janet Read - University of Central Lancashire/BCS, UK
José Artur Serrano – University of Aveiro, Portugal
Paul Englefield – IBM, UK
Paula Kotze – University of South Africa, South Africa
Russell Beale - University of Birmingham, UK

CONFERENCE SECRETARIAT
Anabela Viegas – Instituto de Engenharia Electrónica e Telemática de
Aveiro, Portugal