Help for CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS Archives

CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS Home

CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS  December 2008, Week 5

CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS December 2008, Week 5

1st CfP: SPACOMM 2009 | July 20-25, 2009 - Colmar, France

Tue, 30 Dec 2008 03:21:24 -0500

Happy Holidays!

INVITATION

=================
Please consider to contribute to and/or forward to the appropriate groups
the following opportunity to submit and publish original scientific
results.
=================

============== SPACOMM 2009 | Call for Papers ===============

CALL FOR PAPERS, TUTORIALS, PANELS

SPACOMM 2009, The First International Conference on Advances in Satellite
and Space Communications

July 20-25, 2009 - Colmar, France

General page: http://www.iaria.org/conferences2009/SPACOMM09.html

Call for Papers:  http://www.iaria.org/conferences2009/CfPSPACOMM09.html

Submission deadline: February 20, 2009

Technically Co-sponsored by IEEE France Section

Submissions will be peer-reviewed, published by IEEE CPS, posted in IEEE
Digital Library, and indexed with the major indexes.

Extended versions of selected papers will be published in IARIA Journals:
http://www.iariajournals.org

Please note the Poster Forum and Work in Progress special submission with
on progress and challenging ideas.

SPACOMM 2009 Special Areas (details in the CfP on site):

>> Signal processing in telecommunications //

Signal processing theory and practice; Advances in modulation and coding;
Image and multidimensional signal processing; Signal filter design and
structures; Multirate filtering, filter banks, and adaptive filters; Fast
signal processing algorithms; Nonlinear signals and systems; Nonuniform
transformation; 2D nonuniform DFT; Fast algorithm of NDFT; Advanced
image/video coding; Advanced prediction techniques; Signal detection and
reconstruction; Spectral estimation and time-frequency analysis; Higher
order spectrum analysis; Parameter estimation; Array signal processing;
Statistical signal analysis; Signal and system modeling; Cyclostationary
signal analysis; Active noise control, active noise reduction and echo
cancellation; Psychoacoustics and room acoustics; Signal processing for
music; Binaural systems and multidimensional signal systems; Geophysical
and seismic signal processing; Nonlinear interpolation/resampling;
Extensions to wavelet based coding (x-lets); Low complexity image/video
compression; Multiple resolution signal processing; New approach to
digital signal processing; Compression of random data; Recompression of
compressed data; 2D projection of 3D data; Stereo data matching; Emerging
applications requiring new compression tools; Unified compression and
recognition; H.264 and latest video coding standards; Latest audio coding
standards

 >> Antenna/Radar signal processing //

Signal detection and estimation; RF engineering; Active filters; Analog
and digital filters; Oscillator circuit design; Circuit design for
high-speed frequency synthesis; Statistical and adaptive signal
processing; Computational electrodynamics; Signal processing for sensing
systems; RFID and MMIC design principles and applications; Microstrip
circuit design and applications; Design and analysis of microwave
radiometer systems; Modem microwave; System-in-package RF design and
applications

>> Satellite and space communications //

Hybrid satellite and terrestrial networks; Cross-layer air interface
design; Channel models; Navigation services; Reliable multicast protocols;
Transport protocol performance over satellite; IP over satellite
Routing protocols; Onboard switching and processing technologies; QoS and
performance; Call admission control schemes; Dynamic bandwidth allocation;
Security, privacy, and trust; Radio resource management; Standards
activities

>> Delay Tolerant Networking //

Use of DTN protocols in space missions; DTN for PI/instrument
connectivity; Routing for DTNs; Performance and reliability of DTN
protocols

>> Satellites and nano-satellites //

Satellite communications (hybrid satellites and terrestrial networks);
Special protocols for nano-satellites; Onboard processing technology;
Interplanetary communications (spatial mission analysis, in-flight
experiences, delay tolerant networking [DTN]); Nano satellites and
nano-rockets; Fundamental of nano-satellites communications; New
technologies specific for small satellites; Applications (earth
observation, science, telecommunications, navigation); New technologies

>> Geographic Information and applications //

Geographic information systems; Global positioning systems; Digital
terrain modeling; Principles of GNSS, inertial and multi-sensor integrated
navigation systems; GNSS applications; Spectrum systems for GNSS; GNSS
devices for weak signals; Wireless positioning technologies and
applications; Modern tracking systems; Satellite navigation (GPS, Galileo,
augmentation systems)

>> Satellite/space communications-based applications //

Satellite-based disaster recovery; Satellite-based large-scale
sensor-networks; Satellite-based power grids monitoring and control;
Satellite-based remote eHealth; Satellite based alarm systems;
Satellite-based sensing and data mining; Satellite-based weather forecast;
Satellite-based earthquake surveillance; Satellite-based environmental
surveillance

>> Radar systems //

Radar systems analysis and modeling; Radar and signal processing; Short
range FM radar; Millimeter-wave radar targets; Radar reflectivity (land
and sea); Radar system performance modeling; Interception and analysis of
radar signal

>> Antennas //

Antenna design and communications; Adaptive antenna and phased arrays for
radar and communications; Smart antennas; Radioware propagation and
antennas for personal communications; Dielectric resonator antennas;
Multiantenna wireless communications systems; Antennas and propagation for
body-centric wireless communications; Ultrawideband antennas; Mobile
antennas systems; Parasitic antennas for cellular communications

>> Radio //

Radio resource management and dynamic spectrum sharing; Platforms and
architectures for cognitive radio; Access schemes; Wireless network
co-existence; Ultra-Wideband cognitive radio system; Interference metric
modeling; Beamforming and MIMO for interference avoidance; Anti-jamming
channel coding; QoS provisioning and MAC protocols; Self-organizing mesh
networks and autonomic communications; Multi-resolution channel sensing
algorithms

>> Warfare //

Electronic warfare target location systems; Statistical
multisource-multitarget information fusion; Multisensor data fusion;
Multimodel surveillance; Military applications

>> Galaxy-scale satellite communications and exploration missions //

Planetary exploration management; Space astronomy advances;
Solar-terrestrial sciences; Space life sciences and mission monitoring;
Space physical sciences and satellite communications; Operational space
medicine; Human exploitation of space resources

==========================
SPACOMM Advisory Chairs
Petre Dini, Cisco Systems, Inc., USA // Concordia University, Canada
Stephen Farrell, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
Gerard Parr, University of Ulster-Coleraine, UK

SPACOMM 2009 General Chair
Pascal Lorenz, University of Haute Alsace, France

SPACOMM 2009 Space Agency Liaison Chair
Haibin Liu, Aerospace Engineering Consultation Center - Beijing, China
Xavier Lobao, ESA - ESTEC (TIA-TP) ľ Noordwijk, The Netherlands
Sandro Scalise, DLR - German Aerospace Center-We▀ling, Germany

SPACOMM 2009 Industry Chairs
Vittorio Dainelli, Rheinmetall Italia S.p.A.-Roma, Italy
Klaus-Peter Doerpelkus, Cisco Systems, Inc. / Space Initiatives Europe &
Emerging Markets, Germany

SPACOMM 2009 Publicity Chair
Cathryn Peoples, University of Ulster-Coleraine, UK

SPACOMM 2009 Technical Program Committee Chairs
Emmanuel Chaput, IRIT-CNRS, France
Laurent Franck, TELECOM Bretagne-Toulouse, France
Istvan Frigyes, Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Hungary
Massimiliano Laddomada, Texas A&M University-Texarkana, USA

SPACOMM 2009 Organizing Committee
Abdelhafid Abouaissa, University of Haute Alsace, France
Herve Boeglen, University of Haute Alsace, France
Marc Gilg, University of Haute Alsace, France
Benoit Hilt, University of Haute Alsace, France
Pascal Lorenz, University of Haute Alsace, France