Help for CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS Archives

CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS Home

CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS  July 2009, Week 5

CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS July 2009, Week 5

Invitation to attend: Fourth International Workshop on HAPTIC and AUDIO INTERACTION DESIGN (HAID'09)

Ercan Altinsoy <[log in to unmask]>

Ercan Altinsoy <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 29 Jul 2009 22:09:36 +0200

On behalf of the organizing committee of the Fourth International Workshop
on HAPTIC and AUDIO INTERACTION DESIGN (HAID'09), we would like to invite
you to attend this exciting event that will happen in Dresden, September
10-11, 2009.

The aim of HAID'09 is to bring together researchers and practitioners who
share an interest in finding out how the haptic and audio modalities can be
used together in human computer interaction. The research challenges in the
area are best approached through user-centred design, empirical studies or
the development of novel theoretical frameworks.

The workshop program is online and can be downloadable:
http://www.ias.et.tu-dresden.de/akustik/HAID09/Preliminary_program.pdf

Keynotes:

Prof. Dr. Charles Spence, Oxford University

Dr. Durand Begault, NASA

Dr. Christophe Ramstein, Immersion Cooperation

Paper Presentations - Sorted by Sessions

Session I: Haptic Communication and Perception

(I.I) "Communicative Functions of Haptic Feedback", Jonas Moll and Eva-Lotta
Sallnäs

(I.II) "Target Acquisition with Force Feedback: the Effect of Different,
Forces on the User's Performance", Joan De Boeck, Lode Vanacken and Karin
Coninx

Session II: Navigation and Guidance

(II.I) "Evaluating Factors that Influence Path Tracing with Passive Haptic
Guidance", Kurosh Zarei-nia, Xing-Dong Yang, Pourang Irani and Nariman
Sepehri

(II.II) "Haptic Interaction Techniques for Exploring Chart Data", Sabrina A.
Panëels, Jonathan C. Roberts and Peter J. Rodgers

(II.III) "Audio Bubbles: Employing Non-Speech Audio to Support Tourist
Wayfinding", David McGookin, Stephen Brewster and Pablo Priego

(II.IV) "Interactive Sonification of Curve Shape and Curvature Data", Simon
Shelley, Miguel Alonso, Jacqueline Hollowood, Michael Pettitt, Sarah
Sharples, Dik Hermes and Armin Kohlrausch

Session III: Visual Impairment

(III.I) "Accessing Audiotactile Images with HFVE Silooet", David Dewhurst

(III.II) "Configurable Design of Multimodal Non Visual Interfaces for 3D
VE's", Fabio De Felice, Giovanni Attolico and Arcangelo Distante

(III.III) "Tactile Paper Prototyping with Blind Subjects", Mei Miao, Wiebke
Köhlmann, Maria Schiewe and Gerhard Weber

Session IV: Vibrotactile Feedback and Music

(IV.I) "The Carillon and its Haptic Signature: Modeling the Changing
Force-Feedback Constraints of a Musical Instrument for Haptic Display", Mark
Havryliv, Florian Geiger, Matthias Guertler, Fazel Naghd and Greg Schiemer

(IV.II) "Augmented Haptics - An Interactive Feedback System for Musicians",
Tobias Grosshauser and Thomas Hermann

(IV.III) "Interaction Design: The Mobile Percussionist", Tiago Reis, Luís
Carriço and Carlos Duarte

(IV.IV) "Vibratory and Acoustical Factors in Multimodal Reproduction of
Concert DVDs", Sebastian Merchel and Ercan Altinsoy

Session V: Multimodal User Interfaces: Design and Evaluation

(V.I) "The Effect of Multimodal Feedback Presented via a Touch Screen
on the Performance of Older Adults", Ju-Hwan Lee, Ellen Poliakoff and
Charles Spence

(V.II) "Audiotactile Feedback Design for Touch Screens", Ercan Altinsoy and
Sebastian Merchel

Session VI: Multimodal Gaming

(VI.I) "Evaluation of User's Physical Experience in Full Body Interactive
Games", Mitja Ko¹tomaj and Bojana Boh

(VI.II) "A Tangible Game as Distributable Platform for Psychophysical
Examination", Matthias Rath and Sascha Bienert

Posters/Demos (Alphabetical Order)

"A Multimodal Platform for Audio Manipulation in Virtual Reality", Victor
Zappi, Darwin Caldwell and Andrea Brogni

"A Novel Approach for Device Independent Gesture Recognition", Mathias
Wilhelm

"A shoe-based interface for ecological ground augmentation", Stefano
Papetti, Marco Civolani and Federico Fontana

"A visual editor to authoring VE multimodal user interfaces", Fabio De
Felice, Arcangelo Distante and Giovanni Attolico

"Ambient Interactive Storybook", Mitja Kostomaj and Bojana Boh

"An Approach for a Simulator of the Acoustic Feedback of Control Elements",
Alexander S. Treiber, Gregor Rozinaj and Peter Häuptle

"Audio Effect Control via Head-Position Estimation" Patrick O'Keefe and
Colby Leider

"Audio Minimization: Applying 3D Audio Techniques to Multi-Stream Audio
Interfaces" Yolanda Vazquez-Alvarez and Stephen Brewster

"Bending Wave Haptics in Human Interface Devices", Neil Harris

"Comparing the Effectiveness of Auditory & Tactile Cues in Facilitating
Visual Search Performance", Mary Kim Ngo and Charles Spence

"Enhanced Mappings for On-Screen Faders", Kristian Gohlke, Jörn Loviscach,
David Black and Michael Hlatky

"E-Sense screen: Novel haptic display with Capacitive Electrosensory
Interface", Jukka Linjama and Ville Mäkinen

"Experimentation with metaphors of 3D sound", Erik Vladimir Ortega Gonzalez,
Merienne, Frederic; Garbaya, Samir

"From Audiotactile Perception to Meaning", Ute Jekosch

"Haptic Audio Guidance for Target Selection in a Virtual Environment", Bob
Menelas, Mehdi Ammi, Patrick Bourdot, Brian FG Katz, Lorenzo Picinali

"Interactive Haptic Map for the Visually Impaired", Limin Zeng and Gerhard
Weber

"Modular tacTiles for Sonic Interactions with Smart Environments", Jan
Anlauff, Jeremy Cooperstock, Tobias Grosshauser and Thomas Hermann

"New Ways of Playing Old Games", Tiago Reis, Luís Carriço, Carlos Duarte and
Romeu Carvalho

"Perception of real rubbing sounds", Dik J. Hermes, Steven Brouwer de Koning
and Paul Geelen

"Recent advances in exploring self-induced sonic interactions in the context
of performing arts", Cumhur Erkut, Inger Ekman and Antti Jylhä

"Soundcrumbs - Hansel and Gretel in the 21st century", Charlotte Magnusson,
Kirsten Rassmus-Gröhn and Björn Breidegard

"The Mobile Percussionist", Tiago Reis, Carlos Duarte and Luís Carriço

"Unimodal and Crossmodal Audiotactile Frequency Matching in the Flutter
range", Valeria Occelli, Massimiliano Zampini, Charles Spence, Bettina
Forster and Helge Gillmeister

Registration:

To register for the workshop please use this link:
http://www.ias.et.tu-dresden.de/akustik/HAID09/registration.html

Looking forward to seeing you in Dresden in September 2009!

Workshop Chair:

Ercan Altinsoy

Ute Jekosch

Stephen Brewster