Help for CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS Archives

CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS Home

CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS  April 2018, Week 1

CHI-ANNOUNCEMENTS April 2018, Week 1

Last CFP: ACM RecSys'18: ACM Conference on Recommender Systems 2018

Yong Zheng <[log in to unmask]>

Yong Zheng <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 3 Apr 2018 03:48:55 -0500

*** Please forward to anyone who might be interested ***
                   Call for Papers: ACM RecSys 2018
                                to be held in
                  Vancouver, Canada, 2nd-7th October 2018
                        https://recsys.acm.org/recsys18/

Call for Papers:

We are pleased to invite you to contribute to the Twelfth ACM
Conference on Recommender Systems (RecSys 2018), the premier venue for
research and applications of recommendation technologies. The upcoming
RecSys conference will be held in Vancouver, Canada on October 3rd
2018. The conference will continue RecSys’ practice of connecting the
research and practitioner communities to exchange ideas, frame
problems, and share solutions. All accepted papers will be published
by ACM.

We construe recommender systems broadly, including applications
ranging from e-commerce to social networking, and a wide variety of
technologies ranging from collaborative filtering to knowledge-based
reasoning or deep learning. We welcome new research on recommendation
technologies coming from very diverse communities ranging from
psychology to mathematics. In particular, we care as much about the
underlying algorithms and systems as we care about the human and
economic impact of these systems.

Topics of interest for RecSys 2018 include (but are not limited to):

   -

   Conversational recommender systems
   -

   Novel machine learning approaches to recommendation algorithms
   -

   Evaluation metrics and studies
   -

   Explanations and evidence
   -

   Algorithm scalability, performance, and implementations
   -

   Innovative/New applications
   -

   Voice, VR, and other novel interaction paradigms
   -

   Case studies of real-world implementations
   -

   Preference elicitation
   -

   Privacy and Security
   -

   Economic models and consequences of recommender systems
   -

   Personalisation
   -

   Social recommenders
   -

   User modelling

Authors will be asked to assign a selection of predefined custom tags
to describe their paper in the submission system. Tags can be assigned
to indicate algorithms, interfaces, automated or user-centric
evaluations, for example. Reviewers will also report their expertise
over these tags, and the information will be used in review
assignments.
 PAPER SUBMISSION CATEGORIES

LONG PAPERS should report on substantial contributions of lasting
value. The maximum length is 8 pages (plus up to 1 page references).
Each accepted long paper will be included in the conference
proceedings and presented in a plenary session as part of the main
conference program.  Each accepted long paper will also be allocated a
presentation slot in a poster session to encourage discussion and
follow up between authors and attendees.

We expect the review process to be highly selective: the acceptance
rates for full papers in the past three years was slightly over 20%.

SHORT PAPERS typically discuss exciting new work that is not yet
mature enough for a long paper. In particular, novel but significant
proposals will be considered for acceptance to this category despite
not having gone through sufficient experimental validation or lacking
strong theoretical foundation. Applications of recommender systems to
novel areas are especially welcome. The maximum length is 4 pages
(plus up to 1 page references). Each accepted short paper will be
included in the conference proceedings and presented in a poster
session. The poster presentation may include a system demonstration.
Selected short papers will be invited as oral presentations. Note that
rejected long paper submissions will not be considered as short
papers.
SIGCHI SUBMITTER AGREEMENT

RecSys 2018 is a SIGCHI conference and making a submission to a SIGCHI
conference is a serious matter. Submissions require time and effort by
SIGCHI volunteers to organise and manage the reviewing process, and,
if the submission is accepted, the publication and presentation
process. Thus, anyone who submits to RecSys 2018 implicitly confirms
the following statements:

   1.

   I confirm that this submission is the work of myself and my co-authors.
   2.

   I confirm that I or my co-authors hold copyright to the content,
and have obtained appropriate permissions for any portions of the
content that are copyrighted by others.
   3.

   I confirm that any research reported in this submission involving
human subjects has gone through the appropriate approval process at my
institution.
   4.

   I confirm that if this paper is accepted, I or one of my co-authors
will attend the conference. Papers that are not presented at the
conference by an author may be removed from the proceedings at the
discretion of the program chairs.

PAPER FORMAT AND SUBMISSION

All submissions and reviews will be handled electronically. RecSys
2018 submissions should be prepared according to the standard
double-column ACM SIG proceedings format. Additional information about
formatting and style files is available online
<http://www.acm.org/publications/article-templates/proceedings-template.html>.
Papers must be submitted to PCS2  by 23:59, AoE (Anywhere on Earth) on
May 7th, 2018. There will be no extensions to the submission deadline.

The peer review process is double-blind (i.e. anonymised). This means
that all submissions must not include information identifying the
authors or their organisation. Specifically, do not include the
authors’ names and affiliations, anonymise citations to your previous
work and avoid providing any other information that would allow to
identify the authors, such as acknowledgments and funding.

Please take note that the official publication date is the date the
proceedings are made available in the ACM Digital Library. This date
may be up to two weeks prior to the first day of the conference. The
official publication date affects the deadline for any patent filings
related to published work.

IMPORTANT DATES

   -

   Abstract submission deadline: April 30th, 2018
   -

   Paper submission deadline: May 7th, 2018
   -

   Author notification: July 9th, 2018
   -

   Camera-ready version deadline: August 6th, 2018

Deadlines refer to 23:59 (11:59pm) in the AoE (Anywhere on Earth) time zone.
PROGRAM CHAIRS

   -

   Xavier Amatriain, Curai, USA
   -