From: W. Wesley Groleau x4923 [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, June 09, 2000 2:36 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Ada RTOS.

> Linux is not a real-time OS and ....
>
> Another problem area ... tasking implementation. ....
>
> The other drawback ...time to evaluate the scheduling database ....

OK, so Linux has problems, that's no surprise.  But it's overall a good
system, and competing with it would be a huge challenge.

What if someone (yeah, I know, I should do it myself) were to fix a
problem by replacing a _piece_ of Linux with a much superior equivalent
written in Ada?

--
Wes Groleau
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~wgroleau